|Bali's Day of Silence "Nyepi" 2013
Saka New Year 1935 of Hindus
Dear Valued guests,
The Balinese Hindus do not celebrate the coming of the new year of Saka calendar with lavish party; they celebrate it with meditation instead. No activities are allowed to take place. These mandatory religious prohibitions include no pleasure (amati lelangon), no traffic (amati lelungan), no fire (amati geni) and no work (amati karya).
This year, Nyepi Day falls on 12 March 2013.
On Nyepi Day, we will not be able to accept any check-in nor check-out throughout the day.
We notice that you will be staying with us during Nyepi Day, kindly be informed of the below situations during Nyepi Day:
However, operational activities and services in the resort will operate normally.
- The silence begins at 0:00 am of 12 March 2013 and will go on until the next 24 hours
- All shops are closed on Nyepi Day
- Guests has to stay inside the resort area
- When listening to the music or watching TV in the villa, keep the sound at minimum level
- There will be no traffic on that day in the whole Bali island
- Ngurah Rai airport will be totally closed on 12 March 2013, so there will be neither arrival nor departure in the airport on that day. All connecting airports around the globe have been informed in advance about this.
- Across Bali, the activities are allowed only in emergency rooms and maternity section of hospitals and the arrival section of airport. Any emergencies are taken into consideration and tolerated. The whole island is in silence.
One day before Nyepi, Pengerupukan Day, there will be a nearest Ogoh-Ogoh parade performed by our neighboring Nagi villagers in the evening. Ogoh-Ogoh is the manifestation of a person, an object or anything that disturbs human lives. This parade is an exorcism ceremony at the main village crossroad, the meeting place of the demons. Beforehand, there will be a Perang Api (fire war) to start the parade with.
You are more than welcome to witness this ritual parade before dinner time. We will be gathering at the Lobby at 6pm on Monday, 11 March March2013.
Experience the quiet and peaceful rhyme of silence at Kamandalu Resort and Spa…
We look forward to welcoming you to our resort.
Mangement of Kamandalu